One of the things that makes me so happy is when my yard is well manicured and very green. Granted, we just did our front yard and we have no lawn, but as you can see from the size of my backyard, we still have a lot of green. Cutting out mowing the front yard is a help and makes our work less. Having a backyard this big is enough work in itself. Duane and I have been working hard in our yard and yesterday was no exception.
I have half the size garden I used to but it still keeps me busy weeding it. I can't believe how fast bermuda grass can grow in the summer. It definitely grows faster than I can keep up with it. It's a constant battle. Thank goodness for round-up! Yesterday we harvested some squash and onions. I'm still anxiously waiting for my tomatoes to ripen. We have a ton of green ones. Hurry up tomatoes!
A couple of weeks ago Duane and I planted the lawn behind the house. We didn't bother to plant the big side yard because when it gets hot, the fescue dies and the bermuda takes over anyway so it's a waste of time and money.
The grass behind the house however, has so much shade from the trees that the bermuda doesn't grow well there so we can have a nicer lawn. We've had such a cool spring, that we can still enjoy sitting out in the evenings and in the shade during the day and enjoy our yard. Getting to look at the pretty green yard makes all the sweat worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment