Last Saturday, Feb. 20th, was a fun and productive day. To start off on the way to our ward project I drove past the church, or should I say where our church was before it burnt down, where our poor burnt steeple has been sitting there waiting for someone to come and rescue it. There was enough of the steeple left that the church wants to restore it and put it in a memorial park for all of us to remember our dear sweet church. This was the day that it was taken away to a spot where it would be protected and restored. I just happened to pass by as they were trying to very carefully load it up and haul it away. Because I was heading down the road with my camera I swung around and took this picture.
Our ward is such a great ward and we have such a wonderful bishop. We have so many dedicated people who care about being prepared for whatever and want to help serve others. We have a man in our ward named Lloyd Marshall who has farmed all his life. Because his back is so bad, he can't farm anymore so he volunteered to let the ward use his land to grow a ward/community garden. A couple of men in the ward plowed the field and got it ready and then this last Saturday we all got together and planted this huge field by hand. Of course I wasn't able to actually get down and plant but I could certainly go and take pictures and visit and give encouragement. There were about 60 people there to plant. A lot was accomplished. They planted tomatoes, onions by the thousands, different varieties of lettuce, corn, beans, squash, cabbage, broccoli and lots more.
Here's my better half that does so much of our work. He's my representative. Duane is always willing to serve in whatever way he can. He's a very good and kind man.

1 comment:
Looks like a huge project!
Post a Comment