Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The BIG,BIG Project!!!

For about a year now, I've had this nagging in my head to clean and organize my storage room. It is a large room with a ton of stuff in it, and the walkway was getting smaller and smaller. However, when I have a large project, I never want to get into it until I have a lot of time. During the school year that never happens, so I thought summer would be the perfect time to start. At the first of July, it dawned on me that my summer was quickly going by and because we had planned to go to Provo, Colorado and on a cruise plus I am having surgery on my foot, I'd better get started. So I took the plunge. It was a huge, huge job, but I'm proud to say that it is completed and I now have a clean and organized storage room with much less in it. It was a good thing that Heidi was here because she would keep saying to me, "Now mom, do you really need this?" Thanks to her I have eliminated a lot of stuff I'm sure I'll never miss. As you can see from the pictures, it looks much better and I actually know what I have now. I have done a complete inventory of our food storage and realize that we have much more than I thought. Sooooooo, here is the progress.
I begin making my garage much more messy as we empty the storage room.

Here it is getting bare.

The finished project.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

Very impressive! Way to publish a post all on your own...

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Good job Becky, Now you can come do mine. I did get an inventory and decided we need more wheat whick I ordered but it is still messy down there. I will do it when it gets cooler and we are home. We are at the cabin for the summer.